Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Kamis, 28 Januari 2010

GRAY SKIES ARE GONNA' CLEAR UP . . .

10.11 - By Unknown 0


. . . PUT ON A HAPPY FACE
Since the small crisis has passed, I feel I can share what's been going on here. My life was put "on hold" for about a week, at least in my mind. Last Thursday I had what was I thought would be a routine allergist appointment. I'd completed a routine dental exam a few days earlier and that went very well. I assumed the allergist appointment would go well too, but it didn't.
Basically, I failed two lung capacity tests. The second one was done after medication to help my breathing had been administered. My doctor ordered a chest x-ray and blood tests and that started to sound less and less routine. I remained calm and began asking questions. The doctor was concerned about lung obstruction, so after most of my questions had been answered, I asked this one -"Are you checking for masses (tumors) in my lungs?". I wanted the truth. She said, "Among other things, yes". That was sobering and not at all what I wanted to hear, but I'd asked for the truth.
The chest x-ray showed a nodule in one lung. The doctor called and said she wanted me to have a CT scan as soon as possible. For two days I was on the phone relaying information between the allergist's office and the medical imaging staff of a local hospital. That was fun. Finally, the correct information was received by all parties and my scan was scheduled. I had it this morning at 7:30. I'd told a few family members and close friends what was happening and all of them offered love, support, prayers, and positive thoughts. Spouse insisted on going to the scan with me, but I talked him out of it by telling him I might need him more at a later time, if I needed further tests. He was very supportive but I felt calm and knew I could do this.
I know without a doubt the prayers of family and friends helped keep me feeling peaceful in the situation. The scan went smoothly and I was happy to have gotten it out of the way. I went to the allergist's office shortly after having the scan and received allergy shots. While there, I talked to one of the nurses who said she would call me as soon as she received the scan results.
That call came a few minutes ago. I'm very relieved and grateful to report the nodule was only a bit of scar tissue from an old lung infection. However, the scan showed I have a small hiatal hernia. That was a surprise, since I've had no symptoms. I might have had it since birth and not known anything about it. Hiatal hernias generally can be easily repaired by surgery, but since it's giving me no problems I doubt anything will need to be done. Compared to what I might have been facing, I'll take the hernia and scar tissue and be very thankful to God it was nothing more serious.

Tags:
About the Author

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Follow me @Bloggertheme9
View all posts by admin →

Get Updates

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

Share This Post

0 komentar:

    Popular Posts

Recent news

Text Widget

Blogroll

Discussion

© 2014 homes tead. WP Theme-junkie converted by Bloggertheme9
Powered by Blogger.
back to top