Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Selasa, 21 Juli 2009

THERE'S ALWAYS HOPE WHEN THERE'S LOVE

15.52 - By Unknown 0

I don't know whether to keep holding out for miracles or be resigned that I might lose more kittens. I don't surrender easily when it concerns my cats and there is a glimmer of hope right now. I took the above photo less than five minutes ago. See the light tan kitten snuggled up to Kelly? That's the one I had earlier wrapped in a soft cloth and placed on a heating pad - one of those you heat in the microwave. He was fading and I know it was not my imagination. He was lifeless but still breathing, so I wrapped him like a papoose and laid him close to his mama for what I thought would be his last minutes. I am still reeling from the fact that when I checked him again, I didn't find an expired kitten, but rather one that looked as active as ever. That little stinker had crawled out of the swadling cloth and up onto his mama and was nursing! I gently picked him up and he let out a healthy squeal. That was music to my ears.
He had not been moving this afternoon, not squealing, not showing any reflexes other than breathing, and when I picked him up, he was as limp as a rag doll. Did the heating pad bring him back from the brink or was it his mama's love? Maybe it was both.
I'm being cautiously optomistic here. I do believe in prayers and miracles, even for tiny kittens, but I'm well aware that he could turn right around and falter again. For now, I want to feel positive and hopeful. I've had enough sadness for one day. If you offered prayers for Kelly and her kittens, I thank you from the bottom of my heart and I'd ask you to please continue.

Tags:
About the Author

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Follow me @Bloggertheme9
View all posts by admin →

Get Updates

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

Share This Post

0 komentar:

    Popular Posts

Recent news

Text Widget

Blogroll

Discussion

© 2014 homes tead. WP Theme-junkie converted by Bloggertheme9
Powered by Blogger.
back to top