Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Rabu, 18 Februari 2009

THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER...

06.22 - By Unknown 0











Why is it when I'm doing housework, all I really want to be doing is sewing - or if I'm sewing, all I can think about is the unfinished laundry and the floor that needs to be swept? For the past week I've been held hostage by a nasty flu bug and I can say with all honesty I'd much rather be tending to laundry or sweeping the floor. This has been no vacation. I keep thinking of all the things I could be doing if only I had some energy and could breathe easier.
When illnesses strike or routines get interrupted, as they often do, I try to discern what I'm supposed to be learning from those experiences. Until this morning, I was thinking how unfair it was to be stuck at home dealing with fever, aches, chills, congestion, wheezing, and a head-jarring unrelenting cough - as if I was the only person who'd ever had the flu. No, I don't think I should be immune from illness, but whether it's realistic or not, I do think all these symptoms should go away after a couple days. Enough is enough!
Perhaps the lesson here is that I am fortunate this flu is temporary. I have every reason to believe I'll feel better in a few days, while some people struggle with chronic illnesses. It's a bit difficult to be in a thankful mode if one is feeling sorry for herself, so starting today, I'll be counting the things for which I am thankful instead of resenting the fact I am not able to do all that I want to do.

Tags:
About the Author

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Follow me @Bloggertheme9
View all posts by admin →

Get Updates

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

Share This Post

0 komentar:

    Popular Posts

Recent news

Text Widget

Blogroll

Discussion

© 2014 homes tead. WP Theme-junkie converted by Bloggertheme9
Powered by Blogger.
back to top